WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
ARABIAN PORTER collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, buy a gift voucher for a friend or register for a service offered by ARABIAN PORTER . By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
ARABIAN PORTER does not share any personal information with third parties.
All the information saved in your account such as name, email address, phone number and shipping address is stored on our server, as long as the account does not get deleted. We do not save or store credit card information.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Website functionality cookies These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists
- Website analytics cookies We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. Back to top
- HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED, INCLUDING ANYONE IT MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
- ARABIAN PORTER may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed in the next section). We do not sell your details to third party marketing companies. We do collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we may pass on to third parties but this information does not include any information which can identify you personally. Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs. From time to time ARABIAN PORTER may employ third party business partners to collect personal information on ARABIAN PORTER’s behalf ARABIAN PORTER may also share your data with third party business partners to provide you with targeted advertising. In such cases, these third parties will be subject to confidentiality agreements and instructed by ARABIAN PORTER to comply with applicable data protection law.
- MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you:
Email alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions.
Direct mail alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by ARABIAN PORTER Trading. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail. Alternatively you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail service or updates, please contact a ARABIANPORTER.COM customer care representative on email@example.com or call us at (+974) 40207888
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION ARABIAN PORTER MAINTAINS
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by ARABIAN PORTER is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the “Sign In” menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the “My Account” section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within My Details, Shipping Details, and My Email Preferences. You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org we will amend your personal details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners’ to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS